Loading... Please wait...


Get a Free Sample

Try it Now>>

Join our Mailing List

Get updates and the lastest news sent directly to your inbox

Our workshop for September, 2024 is completely full.  We do not have space in a workshop until December, 2024.

What exactly is the deal with Continuing Education?

Every person with a CSL (Construction Supervisor's License) Unrestricted or Restricted, needs to complete 12 hours of CEU credits, every two years, before their license expires.  Restricted license's (CSFA) need to complete 10 hours.

** As of June 1, 2022, the State of Massachusetts has returned to only six online hours.  All twelve hours cannot be done online.

If you take courses with GBCC, we will keep track of your hours and credits and send you reminders and course layouts when you need to complete your hours.   At the end of each class, you will be given a certificate.   You must keep all your certificates and turn them into the State when your license is up for renewal.   The State will mail you a renewal form about one month from your renewal date.  Please keep your address current with the Office of Public Safety and Inspections (formerly DPS, Department of Public Safety).  Click Here to go to the OPSI website.

We are currently out training at Construction Companies such as Suffolk, Skanska, Shawmut, Walsh Brothers, Consigli, Dimeo, G. Greene Construction, Cafco, Dellbrook JKS, Windover Construction and more, providing Continuing Education training.  Larger companies are staying ahead of the curve and keeping their employees informed of all the new information and changes to the Building Code.    Please contact us at masscodeprep@gmail.com or call our office at (781) 561-1440 if this is something you would be interested in. 

We also offer 12 hour workshops, held four weekends a year, to train independent Contractor’s, Developer’s, Architect’s, Real Estate Brokers, etc.   For a flat rate of $175.00 you will receive 12 credits/hours of Continuing Education.  Click Here for a list of workshop dates.

There are choices.   You can send your employees to one of our workshops or have us come to you.

We have also offer Online Code Campus.   Where you can fulfill six hours of your credits on your own time.

Please contact us for pricing and availability at masscodeprep@gmail.com or (781) 561-1440.

We look forward to working with you!

All Construction Supervisor License holders are required, every two years, to take the following subjects for Continuing Education (5 mandatory hours):

  • Code Review
  • Workplace Safety
  • Business Practices
  • Energy (IECC)
  • Lead-Safe Practices (first renewal only)

The remaining hours are elective; meaning you can take any topic you choose, as long as it is an accredited MA CEU provider.  You can choose topics that relate to your individual business also.   Just let us know what your needs are and we can design an elective just for your Company's needs.

Examples of what can I expect to learn?

Code Review (IBC), CS-0502

  • Most current MA Code updates/information
  • What is a prescriptive code
  • Letter designation in format of section numbers
  • Margin marking and what they mean
  • Chapter break down
  • Examples of how to look up requirements with the Massachusetts Amendment
  • OPSI and BBRS website location
  • New requirements
  • Stretch code and many more

Code Review, (IRC), CS-0503

  • Most current MA Code information/updates
  • What is a prescriptive code and what is a performance based code
  • Letter designation in format of section numbers
  • Margin marking and what they mean
  • Chapter break down
  • Examples of how to look up requirements with the Massachusetts Amendment
  • OPSI and BBRS website location
  • New requirements
  • How to apply for a Building Permit
  • When do I need a Building Permit?
  • Stretch code and many more

 Residential Requirements of the 2015 International Energy Code Council (IECC), CS-0501

  • I codes and their history
  • Chapter 4 of the IECC (residential)
  • Scope of Chapter 4, addition repairs, renovations
  • Space Conditioning
  • Overview of Residential Code Requirements
  • Table 402.1.1
  • U factors and total UA alternative
  • Compliance Options
  • Building Envelope
  • Air Leakage and many more

Workers' Compensation/Business Practices for Contractors, CS-0504

  • How does Workers' Compensation law define an employee?
  • How is "Subcontractor" defined?
  • As a Homeowner, can I be held liable if a Contractor working in my home is injured on the job?
  • What are the penalties for an Employer who does not have Workers' Compensation Insurance?
  • As and Employer, what is my responsibility in reporting injuries?
  • I am starting a company and need Workers' Compensation Insurance. What do I do?
  • I am the Owner of a very small business with very few Employees.  Do I need Workers' Compensation Insurance?
  • OPSI and BBRS website location
  • I need an OSHA Log 300; how do I get one?
  • and many more...


These classes have been approved by the Massachusetts Board of Building Regulations and Standards for 12 hours of continuing education credits.

Peter McLaughlin
Greater Boston Code Consultants
29 Roberts Road 
Medford, MA  02155
(office only, we do not teach at this location)
(781) 561-1440